When it comes to fertility, men and women’s hormonal systems are vastly different. The key difference being that a woman's body is capable of growing and nourishing another human!
Over the past month we’ve been looking into the secret world of hormones, and today on the blog I’ll be talking about the role the female hormone system plays in the fertility and tips to support fertility in women.
I hope you do not mind this analogy but women's bodies are like formula one race cars. They have incredibly complex hormonal structures - or engines - as they need to complete the incredible feat of reproduction. However, it does not take much to unbalance these engines - or hormone systems.
“Balanced hormones are needed to stay healthy and a healthy female is more likely to be able to reproduce.”
In the BePure Clinic, we see fertility linked to hormonal balance, specifically your bodies hormonal levels of your sex hormones; testosterone, progesterone and oestrogen.
Infertility can be related to PMS, endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome, which are all conditions primarily linked to a hormonal imbalance of testosterone, progesterone and oestrogen. The research suggests that you can support these hormonal imbalances and bring your body back to balance through diet and lifestyle changes.
There is a window of opportunity for fertilisation to occur. This window of opportunity occurs when oestrogen levels drop off and progesterone levels become higher than oestrogen, which creates a perfect environment for an egg to get fertilised. When a woman’s hormones are out of balance, the window becomes smaller.
In the modern world we need to nourish our bodies to keep this window of opportunity open longer, increasing fertility levels. This buckwheat crepes with organic eggs and salmon recipe is full of fertility loving nutrients.
1. Avoid plastic bottles and containers, choose glass where possible
2. Eat cruciferous vegetables. This includes broccoli, cauliflower, kale and cabbage
3. Reduce soy products. Soy products contain plant forms of oestrogen which contribute to the overall oestrogen in the body
4. Minimise liver loaders such as caffeine and alcohol
6. Belly breathing with legs up the wall
7. Mindfulness techniques or meditation
8. Get good quality sleep with this bedtime routine
9. Adrenal support - BePure Adrenal Regenerator
10. Herbal support vitex
11. Stabilise blood sugars by eating for your macronutrient type
12. Include spearmint in your diet. Try this sparkling spearmint iced tea
13. Assess the way you exercise. Check out these tips for exercising right for your hormones
15. Avoid refined sugar and refined grains where possible
Have stubborn weight that just won't budge, energy slumps, painful PMS or menopause issues? Join Ben Warren as he shares the secret role hormones play in your health, why our modern world is working against healthy female hormones and how to naturally heal your hormones and bring them back to balance. This is information every woman needs to know. Learn more and register here.
BACK TO TOP