Did you know, that the food you eat and nutrients you consume play a role in how susceptible you are to roasting in the sunshine?
Healthy from the inside out
Ensuring you regularly consume an adequate range of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory foods has a myriad of benefits – especially for boosting your natural immunity to sun damage.
There are a wide array of foods containing important nutrients that offer sun protection, and most of them are readily available during Summer… Clever Mother Nature!
Our recipe ingredients were picked with their skin protective properties and complementary flavours in mind. It's a perfect Summertime lunch or dinner.
Summer Sun Protecting Salad
Serves 3-4 | GF, DF
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Himalayan Pink salt and salt to taste
- 2 organic, free range chicken breasts
- 8 handfuls of dark leafy greens, chopped up
We used baby spinach
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red capsicum, chopped up
- 2 handfuls of organic blueberries
- Sprinkle of slivered almonds
- Juice of one lemon
- Dash of cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Melt coconut oil in a bowl and add turmeric, salt and pepper. Coat chicken breasts in mix and place on an oven tray. Leave in oven for 20 minutes on fan bake, or until cooked.
- Add chopped leafy greens, grated carrot and capsicum to a large salad bowl with a generous drizzle of cold-pressed, extra-virgin avocado oil and squeezed lemon juice. Toss until evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle slivered almonds and blueberries on top.
- When the chicken is ready, cut evenly into strips and add to salad to serve. Enjoy!
If you feel like you need some support to kickstart your health journey in 2019, we are currently offering 45-minute BePure Holistic Health Consultations with strictly limited availability.
- Set realistic health goals
- Personalised diet, lifestyle and nutrition recommendations
- Form healthy habits and action steps to achieve your health goals
All with the support and guidance of a skilled BePure Holistic Health Consultant.