Sarah Vickers – one of our BePure Holistic Health Consultants, shares with us her morning ritual – avocado on toast.
One of the first changes we encourage our BePure Clinic clients to make, is to cut out highly inflammatory gluten from their diets. However that's easier said than done – many clients don't like the idea of giving up bread. But, you can still enjoy the ritual of avocado on toast for breakfast without feeling bloated and tired by mid-morning with this nutrient-dense seed loaf – a delicious, gluten-free alternative, inspired by Sarah from My New Roots.
You can still enjoy the ritual of avo on toast for breakfast without feeling bloated and tired by mid-morning.
The mix of nutty, seedy ingredients allows for a decent range of fats, proteins, and carbs which is essential for supporting blood sugar regulation. To have happy health and stable sex hormones we need to be able to support our blood sugar levels on a daily basis.
To have happy health and stable sex hormones we need to be able to support our blood sugar levels on a daily basis.
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Whisk maple syrup, coconut oil and water together. Mix in with dry ingredients until well-combined and doughy.
3. Pour into loaf tin lined with baking paper, smooth out the top, and leave to sit for at least two hours.
4. Heat oven to 175ºC and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove loaf from tin, flip upside down and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
For serving, we topped one with avocado and pumpkin seeds, and the other with hulled tahini and fresh strawberries.
BACK TO TOP