Summer is our favourite time of year for eating thanks to all the delicious, seasonal fruits and veggies. To help you make the most of this fresh summer produce, we’ve got a delicious recipe for you to try this weekend.
Seasonal Summer Recipe: Zucchini and Bacon Fritters
This Recipe Serves 1 | GF, DF, RSF
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 handful parsley and basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- Cracked black pepper to season
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 30 grams feta (optional, but makes it so tasty)
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil, for frying
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Heat a cast iron or heavy based fry pan on a medium heat and melt the butter or coconut oil.
- To make the fritters add a heaped tablespoon of batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Make sure the pan is nice and hot before you add the fritters to prevent sticking.
If you love this fritter recipe, check out some of our other delicious and seasonal BePure recipes here.