Here’s a great weekend breakfast for you mixed and protein types. Swap out the bread and pack your plate with plenty of leafy green goodness, to start your day the right way!
Ingredients (serves 2)
4 medium portobella mushrooms
A little extra virgin olive oil
4 organic free-range eggs
2 Tbsp raw milk or cream
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
2-3 cups organic spinach
Unrefined sea salt and pepper
¼ cup chopped parsley
20 grams of feta
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Clean portobella mushrooms with a damp cloth. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and fan bake for 20 minutes.
3. In a bowl, gently whisk the eggs, raw milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
4.In a medium saucepan, gently heat 1 Tbsn of coconut oil or butter.
5. Add the egg mix to the pan cook gently (using a spatula to turn the cooked eggs working from the edges to the middle).
6. In another small pan heat the remaining ½ Tbsp of coconut oil and gently wilt spinach (adding a splash of water if you need to.)
7. Serve eggs and mushrooms on wilted spinach and enjoy!
BACK TO TOP