Over the last couple of weeks of the Summer of Wellness, I have been talking about the importance of nourishing your body with nutrients and how to manage expectations this summer. This week I’ve focused on travel hacks for remembering to take nutritional support.
With Christmas just over a week away, you might be busy organising family get-togethers, cooking festive dinners, and spending more time up late at night. These extra activities can be stressors to the body, and when our body is under stress it uses up our vitamins and mineral stores faster, meaning we need to add more in to keep functioning and get through the day.
"Typically during the busy summer months, your body uses more B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and zinc, just to name a few."
Typically during the busy summer months, your body uses more B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and zinc, just to name a few. So on top of remembering to take your nutritional support with these travel hacks, I have created this raw chocolate mousse cups recipe that is rich in B vitamins, vitamin C and magnesium to nourish your health and wellbeing this summer.
- Cacao is a nutritional powerhouse offering a rich source of magnesium antioxidants and potassium.
- Pomegranates are a great source of B vitamins and are in abundance of the powerful antioxidant vitamin C.
Raw Chocolate Mousse Cups
Ingredients:1 cup (240ml) melted coconut oil
1 cup (84g) cacao powder or cocoa powder
4 Tbsp (64g) peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup or date honey
2 Tbsp mesquite powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
Sprinkle sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine together to make a paste.
- Pour a heaped tablespoon into each cupcake tray and then press cupcake liners on top of the chocolate paste to create a hollow middle for the mousse.
- Cool in the refrigerator or freezer until completely hardened.
Ingredients:Good quality dark eating chocolate (around 60-80% cocoa) 250g
Coconut cream 2 cups (500ml)
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
A dash of mint essential oil
2 large free-range eggs with whites and yolks separated
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heat safe glass bowl with 1 cup of coconut cream
- Place the glass bowl on top of a saucepan partially filled with water, over medium heat. This creates a type of double boiler. Stir occasionally until everything is melted and combined.
- Take off the heat and you should have a thick, silky chocolate ganache.
- Stir in vanilla and egg yolks until smooth and glossy. The warm ganache will lightly cook the egg yolks. Allow cooling at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place egg whites in a clean, dry mixing bowl and whiz on a high speed until foamy.
- Add vanilla extract and mint essential oil and continue whipping on high speed until a thick, glossy meringue forms. Set aside.
- Whip the remainder of the coconut cream until soft peaks have formed.
- Add about one-third of the meringue to the cooled chocolate mixture and fold together using a large metal spoon (keeping in as much air as possible), then fold in about a third of the cream, doing the same, to lighten the mixture. Lightly fold through remaining meringue and whipped cream.
- Once the raw chocolate is hardened remove the cupcake liners and spoon chocolate mousse into the hollow chocolate cupcake.
Pomegranate seeds and mint leaves
SHARE YOUR SUMMER OF WELLNESS TO WIN
Share your Summer of Wellness on Instagram with #BePureBenWarren or tag us in your picture @BePureBenWarren to go in the draw to WIN a massive Summer of Wellness Prize. Trust us, this one is going to be epic… prize to be revealed soon.