At BePure, we appreciate the value of celebrating successes. All over
the world, people celebrate with food, and we are no exception! Although,
we like to do so the ‘BePure’ way, which means still honouring our bodies and being gentle with the food we give them, without relinquishing our favourite treats every now and again. This slice is a crowd favourite, every single time!
- 1 cup nuts – we use almonds, hazelnuts and cashews
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 - 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 200g 70% – or higher – dark chocolate (melted)
- Blitz the nuts, peanut butter and desiccated coconut.
- Combine with coconut oil, peanut butter and salt.
- Press the crust base down into a dish and pop in the fridge to set for 20 minutes while you make the filling.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a saucepan on a low heat and stir until creamy.
- Pour evenly over the nut base and pop back in the fridge until it has set – around 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate top layer, put all ingredients in a saucepan and stir until combined.
- If you are using dark chocolate, stir in a saucepan on low heat until melted
- When the peanut butter layer has set, pour the melted chocolate evenly and put back in the fridge. Wait about 30 minutes before eating, or until set.
- Best enjoyed with loved ones and a cup of tea!
You can download a PDF of this recipe here.