Energy is what gets us out of bed each morning and it is essential to enable us to do the things we love and achieve our health goals and it starts with what we eat each day.
"Daily essential nutrients are so important for ensuring we are energised to live a healthy, happy life, every day."
During summer you might have noticed that you crave fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. This is because our digestive system works more effectively at this time of year, requiring less energy to break down foods, making it a great time to enjoy summer salads and fruit straight out of the garden.
Eating nutrient rich whole foods that are right for you will help to improve your energy levels. Take our macronutrient profile test to find out which foods will keep you fuller for longer, giving you optimal amounts of energy.
The BePure nourishing summer bowl is full summer fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C, the energy enhancing vitamin and gut loving kimchi.
To increase energy levels we also recommend:
- Eating for stable blood sugar levels
- Getting good sleep
- Eating plenty of leafy greens
- When possible opting for a gluten free
- Avoiding sugar and the sugar crash that goes with it
- Avoiding processed foods
- Staying hydrated
- Exercise right for you daily
BePure Nourishing Summer Bowl Recipe
- Yellow capsicum
- Cherry tomatoes
- Leafy greens (Rocket, Baby Spinach, Cos)
- Roast chicken
- Kimchi - make your own using this recipe
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Instructions for Macronutrient Profile Types
- Cut your raw fruits and veggies into slithers or chunks.
- Assemble in a bowl using the following ratios for your macronutrient profile type.
- Leafy greens and veggies 50%
- Protein 30%
- Fat 20%
- Leafy greens and veggies 70%
- Protein 15%
- Fat and extra nourish add-ons 15%
Mixed Type (We've made a mixed plate above)
- Leafy greens and veggies 60%
- Protein 20%
- Fat and extra nourish add-ons 20%
Note: This can be used with any fresh fruits and vegetables, plus it's great to use up any leftover ingredients you have in the house.
If you give this a go, we'd love to see the result! Tag us in your pictures with @bepurebenwarren for your chance to be featured on our Instagram account.