If you're looking for a lunch or dinner that not only tastes good but is good for you, we've got just the one. Oily fish such as salmon is a great source of protein which is essential to support muscle tone and stabilise our blood sugar levels, while keeping us fuller, longer.
Salmon is rich in Omega-3s which are anti-inflammatory, and vitamin D which is great for good moods and immunity. Served with some leafy greens, you'll have a mineral-rich meal as well as chlorophyll which supports muscle and tissue strength and aids in detoxifying our lymphatic system.
Almond Herb Crusted Salmon Recipe
Serves 2 | GF, DF
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 10g fresh parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 free range egg white
- 2 x 150 grams salmon fillets - deboned
- Juice of half an orange
- Steamed vegetables or leafy greens to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the almonds, lemon zest, parsley and salt in a food processor or blender and blitz until the texture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Brush each piece of salmon with egg white. Spoon almond crumb over each piece and lightly press with your hand. Drizzle orange juice over for extra flavour.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes easily.
- Serve with steamed vegetables. Enjoy!