Clean eating is a term that has been popularised in the health world on social media. But, it can mean different things to different people and often has different interpretations. For some, it means eating cleaner or healthier alternatives to common foods. Think wholegrain bread instead of white bread. While for others, it’s the removal of foods that cause inflammation in the body.
At BePure we simply take the term 'clean eating' to mean filling your diet with nutrient-dense wholefoods.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious way to start increasing the clean, whole foods in your diet and the diet of your family, give this green slaw recipe a go.
Green Slaw Recipe
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar-free. Serves 4.
- 2 cups green cabbage
- 1 spring onion
- 2 large kale leaves
- 2 cups salad greens (eg. rocket, silver beet, lettuce, mustard greens, beetroot leaves, spinach)
- 1 large handful of mint
- 1 large handful of parsley
- 50 grams of crumbled feta (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of toasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup mint
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly slice the green cabbage, spring onion, celery, kale, (roughly chop salad greens if too bulky) into a large bowl. Add to this the roughly chopped mint and parsley.
- Crumble the feta through the greens mix and use your hands to incorporate.
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan and once toasted to your liking splash with tamari sauce. Add these to the salad.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a blender/food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
If you give this a go, we'd love to see the result! Tag us in your pictures with @bepurebenwarren for your chance to be featured on our Instagram account.