Amber is one of our incredible Nutritional Health Support Team members. Last year she jumped onboard the lockdown baking train and whipped up a beautiful, BePure-friendly Banana Bread recipe to share with us!
Since then, it's become one of our favourite (and most-loved) recipes. When it comes to food, our philosophy focuses on eating nutrient dense whole foods that support your health while reducing inflammation and illness—80% of the time!
We love a baked treat as much as the next person but do our best to use high-quality flours, natural sweeteners and enjoy mindfully. This recipe is great as you can make it more indulgent adding in dark chocolate and an extra banana, or if you'd rather keep it simple, you can do that too.
Amber's Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Serves 12, GF & DF
- 3 very ripe bananas (*optional add an extra one on top)
- ½ cup of honey
- ¾ C almond milk
- ¼ C coconut oil
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ C buckwheat flour
- 1¼ C almond meal
- 1¼ C quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- * Roughly chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Mash 3 bananas in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix in with the banana with a wooden spoon.
- Add almond meal, buckwheat flour, blend and quinoa oats, and mix again until well combined.
- If using, add in your dark chocolate and gently fold.
- Pour into baking tin and place a banana, chopped in half lengthwise on the top, if you fancy!
- Place in oven for 70 minutes.
Note: If there's any banana bread left the next day, it's super tasty toasted too!