We really like the idea of a mocktail that not only tastes good but is also good for us. Seedlip is a great go-to for non-alcoholic spirits so we invited them into the BePure offices last summer for a visit, and they whipped up a delicious BePure-friendly Summer non-alcoholic cocktail that is our new happy hour favourite.
The Seedlip Summer Non Alcoholic Cocktail is a twist on a classic cocktail using ingredients like ginger and rosemary that don't aggravate inflammation the same way that sugary mixers and alcohol can.
Fresh rosemary is steeped in hot water and blended with honey to lightly sweeten the drink. Topped with sparkling water, it tickles your taste buds, and the ginger gives it a spice to keep things interesting and keep you sipping.
Rosemary Honey Water
Enough for 6 drinks
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
To make one drink
- 50ml Seedlip Grove 42
- 10ml fresh ginger juice
- 10ml fresh lemon juice
- 10ml homemade rosemary honey water
- Top with sparkling water
For the Rosemary Honey Water
- Wash the rosemary and remove the leaves from the stems.
- Place rosemary and honey in a heat proof cup or bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the rosemary and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain out rosemary, and store in fridge for up to one week.
Summer Seedlip Seltzer
- Add Seedlip Grove, ginger juice, lemon juice and honey rosemary water into a cocktail shaker or jar.
- Fill shaker ¾ with ice, and shake well.
- Strain into a short cocktail tumbler.
- Add ice and top with sparkling water.
- Stir gently with a spoon.
- Garnish with citrus and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Pick something to celebrate, cheers, and enjoy!