We'd be the pot calling the kettle black if we said we never indulged in a sweet treat here and there. But while many desserts may taste delicious, refined sugar and sugary treats are not so delicious for your body.
Why? Sugar is an inflammatory food and consuming too much added sugar and refined carbohydrates is linked with elevated inflammation in the body—as well as insulin resistance and weight gain. Not ideal!
Ever wondered why you'll often break out after an indulgent weekend? Acne is the inflammation of your skin.
If you're looking for a delicious sweet treat without the nasties and packed with lovely anti-inflammatories, this recipe is for you! It actually tastes just like banana bread.
Banana Bread & Collagen Bliss Balls
Makes 12 | GF, DF
- 2 servings of BePure Collagen+ in either chai or vanilla
- 1 banana, mashed
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ C desiccated coconut (+ extra for decoration)
- Pop all ingredients in a food processor and mix until well-combined.
- Chill your mixture for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Roll into balls of about a tablespoon of mixture each.
- Once bliss balls are all formed, roll in desiccated coconut to coat.