The foods you eat, as well as the foods you choose not to eat, play a big part in how you feel each day. Part of the reason for this is because nutrients play an essential role in supporting your adrenal function.
"The foods you eat, as well as the foods you choose not to eat, play a big part in how you feel each day."
Nurturing your adrenal glands will support your overall health and well-being, allowing you to live with more energy and feel less stressed. We’ve put together this delicious Breakfast Rice Pudding, full of adrenal nurturing ingredients such as b-vitamins, magnesium and vitamin C.
- B-vitamins found in gluten-free whole grains, are crucial for helping your body cope with the physiological and hormonal changes that accompany stress.
- Magnesium found in almond milk, is not only important for muscle relaxation, it’s also vital for good quality sleep. Good quality sleep is necessary for your cortisol levels to come back to normal balance.
- Vitamin C found in berries is great for recovery in times of stress.
Eating right for you is only one part of your adrenal function.
Serves 1-2 | GF, DF, RSF, EF
- ½ cup brown rice/quinoa blend (We used Ceres Organics Quinoa - Rice Blend)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A handful of mixed berries
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Dash of coconut cream
- Add brown rice and/or quinoa to a pot and season with cinnamon
- Heat on a low heat until lightly toasted, roughly 3 minutes
- Add water and cook through for 10-15 minutes on medium heat (or until the rice/quinoa blend begins to go soft)
- Add almond milk, vanilla essence and continue to cook until the grains are tender, roughly 25-20 minutes
- Add extra water if needed
- Add a dash of coconut cream and pinch of salt to your liking (optional)
- While the rice pudding is cooking, place berries in a pot and heat until defrosted.
- Add honey and stir (optional)
- Simmer the berries for about 10-15 minutes until mixture is reduced and slightly syrupy.
- When the rice pudding and the berry compote are ready, serve with chopped walnuts.
- Enjoy! Note: Serves 1 hungry person, otherwise could stretch between 2 people!