For many people this Mother's Day is going to look a little bit different – but it's still a very important day to say thank you to all the mothers, grandmas, great grandmas and all the other motherly figures in our lives!
These bounty bliss balls are gluten free, dairy free and they contain dark chocolate. As if you needed any extra incentive to enjoy some dark chocolate... it also stimulates the release of serotonin and magnesium which are important micronutrients for many of our body's functions!
Bounty bliss balls are easy to make and an incredibly tasty treat for our mothers.
Bounty Bliss Balls
Serves 10 | GF, DF
- 3 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 x bar of dark chocolate (We used Dark Ghana by Whitakers)
- 1/4 C desiccated coconut to decorate
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until a thick paste. You can add more coconut cream if it's not coming together.
- Roll into small balls and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a pot, melt chocolate.
- Roll your balls in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut flakes and allow to cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating.