Eating a whole food nutritious breakfast is a very important way to start your day.
We know mornings during the week can get a bit chaotic, forcing the kids out of bed, feeding them, packing their school lunches and getting them to school on time... So, on the weekend we really like to sit down, relax and indulge in a nutrient-dense, delicious breakfast treat.
This recipe serves 2 is a great option for mixed or carb types. Protein types will need to increase their protein source - try doubling the yoghurt while halving the fruit. Alternatively, add a side of organic, free range bacon or two eggs. Take the BePure Macronutrient Profile Questionnaire to find out how to eat right for you.
This recipe is gluten free, egg free, dairy free option and free from refined sugars.
BePure Berry Pilar Recipe
- 2-4 Tbsp chia seeds and or linseeds soaked in water (1/4 cup cold water)
- Leftover cooked buckwheat or 1⁄2 cup dried grain cooked and cooled grain such as buckwheat or quinoa
- 1 cup greek yoghurt, coconut yogurt or kefir
- 1 cup berries or seasonal stewed fruit (apple, apricot, peaches, pears, feijoas)
- A little drizzle of honey (optional)
- Soak chia and or linseeds in water for 15 minutes or overnight, if too gluggy add more water.
- If you’re not using leftover buckwheat, rinse grain and cook in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Layer ingredients into a glass, starting with the chia seeds, grain, yoghurt, fruit and a drizzle of honey. You can free form the layering here, adding more or less of any of the ingredients you like best.
If you have a go, let us know for a chance to be featured on our Instagram. Tag us in your pictures @bepurebenwarren or use #bepurebenwarren
Disclaimer: This blog post is for educational purposes only. It is not designed to diagnose, treat or cure. We are all unique, for your individual health concerns it is important to discuss these with a BePure Clinical Consultant or relevant health professional.