There are countless ‘diets’ out there these days, and the biggest problem with most of them is that they miss one very important factor... We are all different!
Over any diet or way of eating, we always recommend eating in a way that suits our own biochemical individuality or our unique lifestyle and environment. Not sure where to start? Take our free What Should I Eat? Questionnaire.
Depending on your results, you may want to adjust the proportions of this recipe to add in more protein, fats or carbohydrate.
Need more information or recipe inspiration? You can get that here with the BePure Food Pyramids
BePure Recipe: Asian Steak Salad
Serves 2 | GF, DF, RSF
To Make the Steak
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 steak fillets, 150-200g each (sirloin or rump)
- 3 cups salad greens (dark mesculin lettuce, rocket etc.)
- ½ cup finely sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup of mint chopped
- ½ cup coriander chopped or torn
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup mung beans (optional)
- ½ - 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ - ½ cup toasted, chopped peanuts or cashew nuts
- 2 Tbsp. sesame or chia seeds (optional)
To Make The Dressing
- 1 small clove crushed garlic
- 1 cm cube of ginger either chopped or grated
- 2 Tbsp. cold pressed sesame oil (optional)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. cold pressed olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. honey
- A few drops of fish sauce
- 1 fresh chilli seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy pan. Grind fresh pepper onto steak fillets and fry for 4 minutes on each side (depending on size of steak and to your liking). Rest.
- Prepare all salad ingredients.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Arrange salad including sliced steak and sprinkle with peanuts.
- Hold off dressing the salad until you are ready to eat it.