BePure Easter Bunny Banana Pancakes | Serves 3-4 GF, DFO
- 4 large bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C ground almonds or almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
Additional “Bunny” Ingredients:
- A dollop of coconut yoghurt
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Slices of banana for the feet
- Little chocolate drop or dried fruit for the feet
- Mash the bananas with a fork until no lumps remain. Beat in the eggs with the fork and then add the ground almonds and baking powder, mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, add 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter to the pan.
- Two, long pointy pancakes for the ears
- Make one smaller circle for the head, this overlaps the ears
- Make one large circle pancake for the bunny’s body, this overlaps the head.
- Two, fat pointed pancakes for the feet (the need to be big enough to have a banana slice in the middle). These go on top of the body.
- Place a dollop of yogurt on the body for the tail and sprinkle with coconut.
- A slice on each foot and little toes can be made with slices of dried fruit or melted chocolate drops.