The BePure Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Nut Slice Recipe is still our most popular recipe to date! Turmeric and ginger are both potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidants that help to stabilise oxidative damage in the body.
Inflammation is a normal part of our physiology but it should not become unbalanced. Severe inflammation in the body, that has been there for a long time, is called chronic inflammation and this is when autoimmunity may set in. Offsetting oxidative damage within the body that leads to inflammation is a key way to keep inflammation under control.
You can learn more about this process in our blog, Want To Know The Anti-Aging Secret?
So we've taken your favourite recipe and given it an upgrade! Now it's also packed with the additional antioxidants; Functional Keratin, silica, zinc picolinate, polypodium lucomotos and vitamin C—all found in BePure Collagen+.
BePure Collagen+ Anti-inflammatory Raw Slice Recipe
Serves 12 | GF, DF, RSF
Helpful Tip: We like to source all our dry ingredients from GoodFor which has an incredible ethos of plastic and waste free shopping. Better for us, and better for Mama Earth too!
1 cup of ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1-4 servings of BePure Collagen+ Chai
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1cm fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sprinkle of finely chopped almonds
- Combine all base ingredients together, mixing until you have a sticky, moist mixture.
- If your mixture is too dry, add a little more coconut oil or almond butter.
- Line a 20cm x 10cm baking tin with baking paper and press mixture firmly down to create the base layer (base layer should be at least 1cm thick).
- Place base in the freezer to harden.
- In the meantime, place coconut oil, almond butter and honey in a small pan on low heat, stirring to combine.
- Take the mixture off the heat and stir in the rest of the topping ingredients.
- Once the base is hard, pour the topping mixture evenly over it and place back in the freezer.
- Once the topping has started to set a little, sprinkle the top with the chopped almonds.
- Place back in the freezer until completely set.
If you make this delicious beverage, let us know. Tag us in your pictures @bepurebenwarren or use our hashtag #bepurebenwarren for your chance to be featured on our Instagram feed.