Feijoa CakeServes 1 - 12 | DF, GFO
- 1 C buckwheat flour
- 1 C oat flour (gluten-free oat flour if needed)
- ½ tsp guar gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda or powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ C pitted dates
- ¼ C boiling water to soak
- 1 C plant milk (I used oat milk)
- ⅓ C coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ⅓ C feijoas, chopped
- Extra feijoas, sliced thinly
Raglan Coconut Yoghurt Vanilla Bean flavour is perfect!
- Preheat oven to 180ºC on fan bake and line a round cake tin.
- Soak dates in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix dry ingredients together.
- Blend wet ingredients together, including the water you soaked your dates in, until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix. (Go on, lick the beaters—the mixture tastes really good.)
- Fold in the chopped feijoa.
- Pour mixture into your cake tin, and top with the sliced feijoas. You can cover as much of the top as you like.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes. The top should feel springy, and a knife or skewer should come out clean.
- Remove cake from the tin after about 10 minutes and allow to cool completely, or serve it up warm. A hearty dollop of Raglan Coconut Vanilla Bean Yoghurt is the perfect companion for this cake.